Wednesday 7 January 2015

Thien Kee Steamboat Restaurant, Golden Mile Tower

It was pouring the day I was going to meet Tx and even though our original plan was to have a feast at Old Airport Food Centre, we realised that the rain meant that the seats outside would be wet and the limited seats inside would be crowded. So I proposed having steamboat instead since rainy weather is just perfect for having steamboat. Tx suggested Thien Kee at Golden Mile which I have heard about so we headed to Golden Mile after work.

I ended up at Golden Mile COMPLEX instead. Golden Mile Complex is the building with the awesome Thai supermarket, loads of thai restaurants, and mookata. I ventured into the basement and found nothing but Thai discos so I figured that I must be in the wrong place. Thien Kee is located in the basement of Golden Mile TOWER which is the building beside Golden Mile Complex. Just leave it to me to get lost at any possible moment.

Tx and Ben were familar with the menu so I left it in their good hands to order the food. We had Hainanese Chicken Rice as well as the Steamboat set.

The white chicken was tender and juicy. It went very well with the sour chicken rice chili.


My thanks to Ben for taking care of the cooking and serving while I chatted away with Tx. The steamboat food items were very fresh and the soup base was sweet and clear. I loved dipping all the food items into the sour chicken rice chili and throwing them into my mouth with a spoonful of fragrant chicken rice. Perfect!



This was the first time I had a meal with Tx and Ben since their wedding. There is something incredibly heartwarming about having a nice meal, a comfortable chat, and lots of good laughter with a good old friend and her soulmate. I am looking forward to visiting their new puppy!

It was a great night out with Tx and Ben, pigging out on hot soup, delicious good food, and sweet shaved ice for desserts. Looking forward to our next yummy meal and catch up session!

#B1-20 Golden Mile Tower
62935910
Daily 11:00 to 22:00

No comments :

Post a Comment