Friday 2 January 2015

Goodbye 2014, hello 2015!

At the start of 2014, I wrote a post about my hopes and dreams for the past year and I am very glad to say that I had managed to stick by it. 2014 had been an incredibly exciting year. It brought me to marvelous places where I built unforgettable memories with my precious family, boyfriend, and good friends, and it took me through joyous occasions like being part of my good old friend's wedding. I am extremely thankful for the opportunities to build these memories with the people who matter most in my heart.

2014 was the second year in my job and I am glad that I am still learning something new, something different every single day. 2014 had been a thoroughly challenging and rewarding year. It showed me what I could achieve despite not knowing it myself. It also showed me how little I know and how much more I should learn. We can never learn enough and I hope to keep learning every single day. I'm also very glad to have found friends in my colleagues, people who are strong, smart, and positive. 2015 might bring many changes but I will always remember the times you guys stood by me when the going gets tough.

2014 had its fair share of downs too but I would prefer not to dwell on them. However, this does not mean that I can forget the lessons that I had learnt. When confronted by mala fide and malicious people, people who wish me nothing but ill will, people who are toxic, I must be strong enough to turn away. While it might be much more convenient to demonstrate higher EQ and preserve such relations, I must remember that time is precious and I should not waste time on anything that does not make me a stronger, happier, or wiser person. 

That said, I should also not retaliate with similar malice. Rather, I should remember that malice, like any other gift from a person, if not accepted by the recipient, belongs to the giver ultimately. 

Here's to a healthy and exciting 2015! May it be a year filled with more love, joy, and happiness. Once again, I hope I would not allow life to beat me down and I would embrace every single moment with an open heart. 

No comments :

Post a Comment