Monday 25 February 2013

Fitness regime for someone who loves to eat

I have been trying to maintain a fitness regime which involves hitting the gym at least once a week for a 30 minutes cardio session and 30 minutes of resistance training. I started during my university days because I realized I was too fond of eating and I didn't fancy spending too much money on new clothes. Plus the university gym was almost comparable to Cali with little screens fitted into the treadmills and really new equipment. During my last year in university, they even converted a room into a ladies-only resistance training corner where we could train without having to squirm around muscled guys.

After I graduated, it was just a constant search for a gym to work out. I went to ClubFitt previously with the boyfriend and sometimes we cycled around parks. When Dennis Gym opened an outlet in Kallang within walking distance from my place, I walked over religiously every Sunday but it started getting increasingly crowded these days and I often had to wait around to use the equipment. 

Then I started work where I am working now and to my utmost surprise, there's a gym in the office! It's small but it serves. But recently I realized that once a week in the gym no longer works its wonders in keeping me in shape for my clothes. So I decided to try something new...


Yes pilates at home! I've been trying Cassey Ho's pilates work outs for about half a year and I have to say, they are amazing in strengthening your core! You do feel yourself getting stronger as time goes by and it's just so convenient to watch her videos at home and do the exercises. Try all her videos targeting various muscle groups like your core, your thighs, your backs, your arms... the list goes on. I do try her cardio and HIIT work outs too but those are real killers. Somehow it works me harder than my regular gym sessions.

Yay to Youtube! I seriously discover all sorts of interesting things on Youtube these days!

No comments :

Post a Comment