Thursday 14 February 2013

Jersey Boys at Marina Bay Sands Theatre

I finally got around to watching Jersey Boys last month after much procrastination. It was the boyfriend's treat as an early Valentine's Day present and I was so excited!! It's been a very long while since I watched a musical and I'm just rolling around with glee to be able to immerse in the music and dance once again.

We reached Marina Bay Sands early and settled down at TCC for dinner. I love the pasta and drinks at TCC! I ordered a Olive and Mushroom Pasta and a glass of Toffee Nut Latte. The pasta was awesome as usual, with the yummy tomato-based sauce, large slices of juicy mushrooms and generous servings of olives. The Toffee Nut Latte was thick with chocolate and very addictive!



I was really excited to watch Jersey Boys thus I decided to put in some effort to dress up before heading out. I curled my hair in the morning, slipped on my wedges so that the height disparity is less stark, and wore a form fitting orange dress! My luck wasn't too good that day though. It rained, my curls were washed out, and my hair became limp and wavy instead ugh. But still, could not resist a picture at TCC!


Jersey Boys was fantastic! The production outlined the rise and fall of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons with many awesome songs like "Sherry" and of course, the all-time favourite "Can't take my eyes off you". I loved the songs, the dance, and the indescribable feeling I always get when I watch a musical. The part that really struck a chord was when Frankie Valli described a particularly difficult period of his life when the band was beginning to fall apart. He stated that "This too shall pass" and went on to explain that this line actually cuts both ways. The bad passes, but so does the good.

Actually, that is a thought that I always find myself going back to recently. Whenever something bad happens, I will tell myself that "This too shall pass". It is true and it gives me the strength to trudge ahead. But when I'm really happy, a tiny voice in my head will also whisper "This too shall pass" and I end up being terribly afraid that I will not be able to retain that happiness for long. I fret and worry that this fleeting moment of happiness will disappear, that I cannot experience it to the fullest, that one day I will forget how I once felt during this particular happy moment.

Maybe that's why I blog and religiously dump all my pictures on Facebook. It's like my unofficial diary. A place for me to chronicle all my happy moments so that I can look back on those days and perhaps the feeling will come rushing back.


No comments :

Post a Comment