Saturday 16 February 2013

Nam Nam at Raffles City

My first time at Nam Nam! The queue is always so incredibly long and it's always so hard to get seats for a group of 4. So when it was just the two of us heading out for lunch the other day, we decided to try our luck at Nam Nam. The queue was long as usual, but seats for two were available quickly. 


The place was very crowded and all the seats were arranged closely together so we had to shift around every time someone wanted to leave or settle into the table beside us. But I hardly noticed as I was super engrossed with the menu.


This is the menu for the value lunch set. The lunch set is indeed value for money! For $9.90 net, you could have a bowl of pho chicken or pho beef, fresh Vietnamese rolls, and either coffee or lotus tea. I chose pho Chicken, and hot lotus tea with the Vietnamese rolls. We were given a small piece of paper to write our orders after which we have to proceed to the cashier to place our order and pay.


I was curious about the array of sauces available. The chili sauce for the pho was average, not very spicy, and not very tasty either. The fish sauce was nice! It went very well with the slices of chicken in my Pho Chicken.


The rolls were so refreshing and healthy! I love the juicy prawns and herbs in the rolls. With the dip, the rolls were so crunchy and delicious!


The Pho Chicken came next. I'm always very particular about the soup base so that was the first thing I tried the minute the waiter set the bowl of pho in front of me. The soup was very light, clear and refreshing. The first thought that came to mind was "Everything is so healthy here!". I like how the soup was not oily at all, and did not have the overpowering taste of spices. It was just sweet clear broth. The pho itself was springy and I dripped some fish sauce onto the pho for some added punch. They were very generous with the chicken too, and there were many slices of chicken in my bowl of pho. The chicken was tender and juicy.


#B1-46 Raffles City

2 comments :

  1. I have been eyeing Nam Nam too. There is almost always a queue during meal times on weekends. Sounds the food there is quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! The queue is always really long. The trick is to go in smaller groups. The pho is really clear and healthy!

    ReplyDelete