Tuesday 31 May 2011

Small food finds in Hong Kong

I love the wanton mee in Hong Kong because their noodles are springy and the wantons are huge, about the size of a golf ball. I wasn't able to patronize a shop famous for their wanton mee but I did manage to try something pretty decent in Mongkok across from where we were staying. The wanton mee was possibly average by HK standards but by Singapore standards, I was quite happy!


The other surprise find is Mido Cafe along Temple Street. I ordered rice with shrimp and vegetables which was a comfort and a couple of my friends ordered Pork Rib Baked Rice which was a recommendation by the waiter. I tried my friend's baked rice and was quite impressed. The rice was sufficiently fragrant and the sauce was very tasty. However my friends pointed out that the pork ribs didn't have much meat.


The location was good because after our extremely filling dinner, we could take a stroll along Temple Street Market where there were many stalls selling various quirky little items. My good friend and I each bought a set of Monopoly Deal (which I'm positively dying to open to play). We didn't walk through the whole Temple Street Market though and I think it would be interesting to see what other little vintage finds could be found there.

No comments :

Post a Comment