Sunday 29 May 2011

Marina Bay Sands

I have been wanting to take a dip in the infinity pool of Marina Bay Sands since it opened last year. But the pool is only open to hotel guests so I was stuck looking up at it from the Helix Bridge until this chance came along!

My friend booked a room for a night and invited us over so we took the opportunity to go up to the infinity pool and enjoy an evening soak. The pool is situated on the 57th floor of the Tower and provided a magnificent view of the skyline of Singapore.


Just imagine lazing in the pool which seems to flow infinitely, basking in the evening glow of dusk, watching the sun setting in the distance and enjoying the fantastic view of the city! There are two rows of deck chairs at the side of the pool where everyone lie back and generally people watch. A couple of pool beds separate the two pools and there is a ledge between the two pools. I stood on top of the ledge and looked down and OMG i swear at the moment, it seriously feels like I'm standing at the top of the world.




The night view is splendid as the Helix Bridge lights up and the night starts to cool. It started getting a little chilly around 8 pm and that was when I fnally pulled myself out of the pool.

To get to Marina Bay Sands, you can take a bus which was what my good friend did. Or you can take the Circle Line to Promenade and walk, which was what I did. And boy, was it a long walk. But if you would like to cross the Helix Bridge and simply look at the scenery, then take the Circle Line, alight at Promenade and exit from Exit A. You will reach MBS after a 10 minute walk.

No comments :

Post a Comment