Sunday 29 May 2011

Hatched: Eggs, eggs and more eggs

I went to Hatched for brunch earlier this month and the first thing that hit me was, omg the walk to Evans Lodge from the bus stop in front of NUS Law was pretty unbearable under the crazy heat. That was around the time when Singapore was heating up and the 10 minute walk into Evans Lodge was quite a feat in itself.

But anyway we reached Evan's Lodge quickly and it was an old brick building that reminded me of an old hospital. The narrow street in front of Evan's Lodge was lined with posh cars picking up kids from the kindergarten inside Evan's Lodge and I don't think parking looked very ideal during that period of time.

We went into Hatched and it was a really small and cozy little cafe. Very quaint and quiet, the kind you would expect to find tucked away in a little corner in town. The menu looked super cute so I took a picture of it.

Yes there you have it. All eggs. All the different ways you would expect an egg to be cooked, they have it here! I ordered Eggs Royale which is poached egg with smoked salmon and mashed potato and I liked it pretty much!


However, the serving was a bit small and I was left feeling halfway between hungry and full so we headed over to Island Creamery. The pints of ice cream at Island Creamery always make me happy!

26 Evans Road, #01-06 Evans Lodge

No comments :

Post a Comment