Wednesday 17 June 2015

Founder's Bak Kut Teh, Balestier Road

The boyfriend and I ventured to Balestier Shaw to watch Kingsman! It was a good show and I love how a suit transforms a person. I also really like the pug. Pugs are just too cute! (And this just goes to show how very backdated this post is hurhur).

Since we were in the Balestier area, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try Founder's Bak Kut Teh which was just directly across the road. There was a short queue at the door even before they started business at 6 pm so we joined the queue dutifully.

My childhood favourite is Outram Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh and I go there every time I am craving for some good Bak Kut Teh. But I heard awesome stuff about Founder's so I was super excited to try it.


The boyfriend chose pork slices while I went for mini pork ribs. Pork was fresh but the broth was just not as good as Ya Hua. My mini pork ribs were also less tender than the pork ribs at Ya Hua. 



I left feeling quite disappointed. I expected much higher standards from this well-established Bak Kut Teh store with celebrities' pictures covering every inch of the walls. It feels like a hype that went on forever and did not die down. Aish, I guess I should return back to Ya Hua.

New Orchid Hotel
347 Balestier Road
Wed - Mon: 12:00 - 14:00
Wed - Mon: 18:00 - 02:30
Closed: Tue
+65 63526192

1 comment :