Sunday 10 May 2015

I Want My Noodle, Shaw Centre

After being boarded up for a really long time, the new wing in Shaw Centre is finally up. The new wing looks glitzy, shiny, and exceedingly new as compared to the old Isetan wing but the toilets are just as disgusting. Shaw seriously needs a better cleaning company.

That said, there is seriously nothing much in the new wing. I spy some salons, spas, a handful of boutiques and a few eateries. Heard some good things about I Want My Noodle and their freshly made egg noodles so I brought the boyfriend there on Saturday. 




We started our meal with the meatball soup ($7.90). The meatballs were indeed special, not the usual run-of-the-mill grey meatballs. The meatballs were brown and slightly crispy on the outside, with a a good tasty mix of meat within. I really liked the broth too which was thick and delicious.


We both had My Noodle with Double Roast ($12.50). The noodles were springy and taut, the char siew was lean and well-marinated, and the roast pork was nice and crispy. The chilli packed a punch too and was so good!


Prices were very reasonable too, considering the fact that it is right smack in town. They were also very generous with the ingredients such that my noodles were covered with lots of char siew and roast pork. Not too crowded when we visited and I would definitely return if I was in the mood for more noodles!

1 Scotts Road
97583037
Their opening hours are quite a mystery to me. The Internet tells me that they are open from 10 am to 10 pm but when we came by at 5 pm, the lights were off and the staff was milling around preparing the food. We came back at 545 pm and all was in action again. 

No comments :

Post a Comment