Wednesday 4 February 2015

The Beast, Jalan Klapa

It was raining heavily the evening I was meeting Eunice and Zr and we found our way to The Beast along Jalan Klapa. This area is dotted with lots of nice little cafes like Symmetry and Box n Sticks. I am so glad to have discovered The Beast as well!

The Beast is more of a restaurant and bar than a cafe actually. They have seats upstairs in the small shop house and a row of small tables indoors on the ground floor. When I reached at about 7 pm, all the seats indoor were filled so I was led to a row of tables outside. Thankfully the canopy kept us dry and the electric fans mounted on the wall ensured that humidity was kept to a minimum.

The area we sat in was dark and there was hardly any light to see anything, much less take pictures so pardon the lousy pictures below.

We had Southern Poutine ($16) which was fries with cheese, gravy and egg. This was absolutely fantastic. Melted cheese, runny egg yolk, gravy doused on crispy fries were just so delicious! 


Eunice and I shared the mains and we ordered the Blackened Pork Collar ($24) and the Chicken and Waffles ($20).

I like the juicy pork collar and the mashed potatoes with garlic cream sauce.


Eunice, on the other hand, preferred the Chicken and Waffles. I felt that the fried chicken was a little too dry and not juicy at all even though the fluffy waffle was close to perfection.


I would return for some beers and delicious Southern Poutine if I am in the area! I might also drop by for their brunch soon. I took a bus from the office and alighted at the stop after Jalan Sultan Road. If you are coming by MRT, alight at Lavender Station and take a short walk along the main road towards Arab Street. 

17 Jalan Klapa
62950017
Mon to Thur: 17:00 to midnight
Fri - Sat: 17:00 to 1 am
Sun: 10:00 to 17:00

No comments :

Post a Comment