Friday 27 February 2015

49 Seats, Orchard Central

I wanted to try 49 Seats at Kreta Ayer since a long while ago but the queue was always daunting and I never found any one who was interested enough in the food to queue with me. So I was very excited when I found out from Instagram that 49 Seats had a new outlet in Orchard Central! Met my boyfriend for dinner after work and convinced him that it would be an extremely good idea to have dinner at 49 Seats.

It was not crowded when we arrived and we were ushered to a small table in the middle of the room, handed the menu, and told to place our order at the cashier when we were ready. After browsing through the menu, we decided on the Tom Yum Seafood Pasta, the Chicken Chop, and the popular cheese fries.


My Tom Yum Seafood Pasta was very unique with its creamy and spicy sauce as well as fresh seafood. Pasta was al dente and absorbed the tom yum cream sauce very well. The first few bites were impressive and I told my boyfriend I could finally understand why everyone was raving about it. But I started to feel really queasy into my last quarter of the pasta. The thick creamy sauce began to feel too much to bear and I just could not finish my plate of pasta. I guess the trick is to share the Tom Yum Seafood Pasta. Order a couple of mains to share so you would not be left to finish one plate by yourself. 


The boyfriend's chicken chop with mushroom sauce. Was pretty ordinary and reminded me of Astons.


The popular Cheese Fries! This looked fantastic when it arrived and we happily scooped up a gunk of cheese with the fries and shoved them into our mouths. Ah the cheese fries tasted pretty much the same as those from KFC. I do not understand why I expected them to be any different since, you know, they are both cheese fries, but somehow that was my irrational expectation. I just thought that the cheese fries at 49 Seats should be tastier, or, for want of a better word, different. 


I would return if I were in town (which happens pretty often) and searching for some cheap western food. 49 Seats is good for its price but I doubt I would be craving to return anytime soon. Service was also patchy and it felt like they were still trying to get into the groove of things. 

#08-08 Orchard Central
Mon to Fri: 11:30 to 14:30
Mon to Fri: 17:30 to 22:00
Sat to Sun: 11:00 to 22:00
65095895




No comments :

Post a Comment