Friday 24 June 2011

Two Fat Men: good place away from the crowds

This is my second time at Two Fat Men and I'm so glad that it has remained a quaint chill out location in the East.

Two Fat Men is a bar/restaurant that serves good thai street food, western food (which I have not tried so far) and beers. It's dim indoors where you can watch sports on the huge television right above the doorway. I sat indoors for awhile but the dim lights and the ambience made me super sleepy so I agreed when my best friend suggested we switched to the outdoor seats. I must say it's much better sitting outdoors because the night was balmy and the breeze after the rain felt cool against our cheeks.

We ordered a bowl of Tom Yam Seafood Soup, a plate of Basil Chicken Fried Rice, a plate of stir fried kang kong with bean paste and a bowl of Chicken Green Curry. I love the Tom Yam Seafood Soup as it's sour and sufficiently spicy yet not so spicy that I have to extinguish the burning sensation with copious amounts of drinks. The Basil Chicken Fried Rice was very tasty and full of flavour. I'm often afraid that my fried rice will turn out drenched in oil but the Basil Chicken Rice at Two Fat Men was safely out of that category. The Stir Fried Kang Kong was good, but nothing fantastic to rave about. The Chicken Green Curry was nice but I felt that it was a tad too sweet. They were very generous with the chicken chunks inside the curry though!

(No pictures for this post because, guess what? My iphone died AGAIN.)

To get to Two Fat Men, you can drive and park somewhere along the road. Ambiguous, I know, but I didn't really check out parking in that area. I think my girl friend just parked illegally in one of the random small lanes around that area when we came by last time. Otheriwse you can take a bus and stop two stops after Katong Laksa, cross the overhead bridge and continue walking down for about 2 minutes. You would see Two Fat Men in one of the shophouses there!

376 East Coast Road, Singapore

No comments :

Post a Comment