Monday 6 June 2011

Ikea at Alexandra

I had my primary school gathering at Ikea Alexandra last week and we reached slightly after 6pm which for me, was considered very early for dinner. But thank goodness we reached early because by 730pm, the queue had already extended from the counter all the way beyond the entrance!


I'm amazed by the crowd because it's a weekday evening, alexandra is quite inaccessible and I frankly can't figure out why everyone would flood here after work unless they have a dire need for furniture! The Ikea bistro operates in a food court style kind of setting. You queue up with this trolley stacked with trays, pick up the salad and canned drinks from the freezer if you want any and proceed to the cooked food section to place your order. We each ordered one poached salmon and 6 pieces of chicken wings. The poached salmon came with potatoes and french beans. It was light, tasty and very healthy. I felt good just eating it!

The chicken wings felt more sinful but it was very good! I always enjoyed their chicken wings which were fried till they were crispy on the outside yet still tender within. I'm usually a fan of barbecued chicken wings but the fried chicken wings here completely stole my heart!

As I said, alexandra is inaccessible from the MRT station. You can take the MRT to Queensway and board bus 195 from the bus stop across the road. Alight 2 stops later and you will see Ikea a short walk away. Alternatively drive there and park in Ikea before feasting on the chicken wings!

No comments :

Post a Comment