Thursday 23 June 2011

Saboten at Parco: Good katsu!

My best friend and I came by Parco for dinner before watching Cirque Eloize at Marina Bay Sands. When we reached it was relatively empty because it was early but the restaurant became steadily more crowded as we were having our dinner.

I ordered katsu pork tenderloin while she ordered katsu pork loin. The shredded cabbage was served first and I loved how sweet the cabbage tasted with the sesame dressing. They also served the sesame seeds at the same time so I started grinding them immediately. As I liked my sesame seeds to be fine, I took awhile to grind them and then added two scoops of tonkatsu sauce into the bowl of sesame seeds. I liked how the tonkatsu sauce tasted. It wasn't too sweet neither was it too sticky. It was tasty and added additional flavour to my tenderloin.


When our katsu sets were served, I personally liked the pork tenderloin more than the pork loin. My pork tenderloin (as the name suggests) was more tender. However, if you prefer your pork katsu to have more texture then the pork loin would certainly be more suitable. The miso soup was also quite special as I could see bits of carrots added inside instead of the usual wakame and tofu pieces.


By the time we left Parco for Marina Bay Sands, the queue outside Saboten was getting long and I was really glad that we came early so we did not have to queue. Saboten is very accessible since it is in Parco which is linked to the Promenade Mrt Station along Circle Line. Simply alight at Promenade MRT Station and walk to exit A. Take the escalator to the ground floor and turn right. You will see the entrance to Parco conveniently located there.

9 Raffles Boulevard, #P3-01 Parco Marina Bay, Millenia Walk, Singapore

No comments :

Post a Comment