Thursday 2 June 2011

Fatboys at Joo Chiat

I visited Fatboys yesterday with my best friend and with all the competition from the nearby cafes, I'm glad to say that Fatboys definitely did shine through!

The place looks a bit like The Handburger, with its long benches and low tables but the burgers taste nothing like it. Burgers at Handburgers always leave much more to be desired but I shall leave that for another day. Lets talk about burgers at Fatboys! I tried the Holy Caesar which is basically burger with chicken patty and bacon. I like how the chicken is not deep fried because as you know, fried equals heaty equals big no no on my health radar. Plus the chicken patty is juicy and tender which makes the burger a real delight.

No pictures for this post because sadly, my pictures were in my iphone which went through a traumatic afternoon and had all its memory removed. :(:(:(

To get to Fatboys at Joo Chiat, you can take a bus and stop either in front of Katong Laksa or the stop after that. Walk towards Astons and after you reach Astons, cross the road and you will see Awfully Chocolate. Turn left and walk down. You will see Fatboys on your right. As with everywhere else in Katong, parking is a nightmare here because there are very few lots in front of Fatboys and the area is very narrow. I watched with trepidation while a SUV tried to squeeze its way out and honestly, that would take a lot of skill.

No comments :

Post a Comment