Monday 10 August 2015

Teppei Japanese Restaurant, Teppei Syokudo Millenia Walk, Teppei Syokudo Ion

I heard so many awesome reviews about Teppei's kaisendon and their extremely famous omakase dinner. Before trying their main restaurant at Tanjong Pagar, I pulled my boyfriend to Teppei's takeaway outlet at Millenia Walk (Teppei Syokudo) for dinner after work. Small tables lined the back of the small shop and people sat on stools finishing their kaiseidon hurriedly. Everyone was mindful of the queue at the door and nobody lingered longer than they should. We waited for about 15 minutes before securing a table and dug happily into our delicious kaisendon. Chunks of marinated salmon, tuna, scallop, and whelk! Even though it was served in a simple black plastic bowl, I did not mind and devoured it happily. I thought this was cheap and good, until I visited the main restaurant...


And realised that Teppei Syokudo was perhaps 80% of the power at Teppei Japanese Restaurant. After a dreary morning this week, TT and I made it to Teppei Japanese Restaurant (also known as the real deal or the adult offender version to Teppei Syokudo's juvenile offender) at Tanjong Pagar. Thursdays are for Negitoro Kaisendon! Wah this was super yums. I totally get why everybody is in love with Teppei. The salmon sashimi was super fresh and tender, and omg the chopped tuna was perfect! Thank you for bringing me along :D



UPDATE: So I heard that there was a new Teppei Syokudo at Ion and went over excitedly one Saturday evening. You get to customize your chirashi don at the Ion branch so for those of you who prefer some types of sashimi over others, this would be the perfect place for you. I picked the usual kaiseidon without customising. BUT the portions here are really very small as compared to the Millenia Walk outlet. The amount of sashimi doled out was so pathetic that I felt so unsatisfied after my dinner and was truly upset for a while! I went back to Teppei Syokudo at Millenia Walk one week later to satisfy my sashimi craving instead and this week I returned to Teppei Restaurant. Teppei Syokudo at Ion seriously has to buck up or risk being the weakest link in the chain!



Teppei Japanese Restaurant
#01-18 Orchid Hotel, 1 Tras Link. Open 12:00 to 14:30, 18:00 to 22:30
+65 62227363

Teppei Syokudo
 #01-105 Millenia Walk. Open 11am to 9pm daily.

Teppei Syokudo Ion
#B4-57 Ion Orchard

No comments :

Post a Comment