Thursday 30 April 2015

Blu Kouzina, Bukit Timah

My first time trying Greek food! Greek dishes are definitely not the most common cuisine in Singapore and it took me a couple of tries before I managed to get myself to Blu Kouzina. I heard heaps of praises about Blu Kouzina and have always wanted to try. But Blu Kouzina is a small establishment and they are always fully booked, so I always found it difficult to get a table. My friend and I finally managed to do so one Monday evening after work! We were both running late and reached only close to 8pm. Thankfully Blu Kouzina kept the table for us!

For some reason, I imagined Blu Kouzina to be a lavish eatery, with dim orange light, high ceiling, complete with wooden tables coated in white paint and blue wall papers (you know, like the nautical theme). I know, I know, my imagination runs wild. Blu Kouzina was nothing like that at all. It was homely, very quaint, with only a few tables inside and about two tables outside. The colour theme was indeed white and blue though (haha!). The counter sits beside the kitchen and the cashier is squeezed at the back. I was surprised to find that it was not air-conditioned but it was not warm at all as a slight night breeze drifted in through the windows.


The Taramosalata ($15.80) which was white cod roe dip. This was really unique but so good! My first time having white cod roe dip. Actually, it was my first time trying all these dishes.


Spanakopita ($16.80) was pastry with spinach, feta cheese and herbs. This was like a spinach curry puff with flaky skin. Don't get me wrong, it was delicious. But I just had to find some way to make me remember how this dish was like hence the reference to curry puffs. 


Kalamari Shara ($21.80) was grilled squid with lemon and extra virgin olive oil. Wonderfully grilled, so tasty, and I loved the combination of lemon and olive oil.


Mousaka ($27.80) was a dish with oven-baked eggplant, potatoes, mincemeat and sauce. This reminded me of parmigiana, except much thicker thanks to the layer of mashed potatoes. I loved the eggplant and mincemeat combo!


We had some complimentary dessert too!


Dining at Blu Kouzina was such an experience. The cuisine was interesting (Greek food is definitely a must-try), food was delicious, and I loved the unpretentious vibe in Blu Kouzina. If only all restaurants could be like this.

893 Bukit Timah Road

Lunch: Friday to Sunday 12pm to 2:30 pm
Dinner: Monday to Sunday 6 pm to 10 pm
68750872 (Remember to make your reservations in advance!)



No comments :

Post a Comment