Saturday 20 September 2014

The Lokal, Neil Road

I've been to Sarnies previously and was really keen to have brunch at The Lokal as well. I met Stef at City Hall and took bus 197 to Neil Road on a sunny Sunday morning. We crossed the road from the bus stop and walked towards Bukit Pasoh Road. The Lokal is located at the first level of a white shop house along the main road. The Lokal only takes reservations for groups larger than 6 so we were resigned to join the short queue inside the door.



There was a healthy crowd in The Lokal and we had to wait awhile for our table. Eventually we were seated along the kitchen counter in front of Chef Darren Farr.


The brunch and drinks menu at The Lokal.


I chose the Roast Chicken Panini with crispy panchetta, tomato, avocado, and aioli ($15) and a latte ($5.50). Stef chose to pimp her own breakfast which allowed her to choose any item from the breakfast sides. She picked sundried tomatoes ($3), sauteed mushrooms ($4), avocado ($4), and scrambled eggs ($5).

The Roast Chicken Panini was delicious. I love the sweet tomatoes, creamy avocado, savory panchetta, and tender chicken. I have to say I spent a bit of time (and energy) trying to saw through the thick bread with a blunt knife. I know.... I whine. But seriously, you should have seen me working my muscles to get to my delicious Roast Chicken Panini. I was very close to picking it up with my bare hands and chewing happily through it. 


The sundried tomatoes in Stef's breakfast were deliciously sweet! The avocado and sauteed mushrooms were really delicious too!


A good cup of latte to warm my belly.


When we were done with our brunch, we had the Sticky Date Pudding courtesy of Chef Darren Farr. It was perfect. Warm sticky date pudding with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream. Absolutely heavenly.


While I was sitting back enjoying my yummy brunch in my counter seat, I watched the kitchen dish out numerous servings of The Breakfast Burger with Pork Belly. Wow yums, imagine having a juicy delicious pork belly for breakfast! I would definitely return for The Breakfast Burger. 

136 Neil Road
64239918
Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 18:00
Sat - Sun: 9:00 - 16:00

No comments :

Post a Comment