Wednesday 10 September 2014

La Pizzaiola, Jalan Riang

It was a gloomy Monday and for some reason I was in no mood to hit the gym. I wanted a quick dinner fix so we headed to La Pizzaiola at Jalan Riang. If you have not dropped by Jalan Riang, I would strongly recommend that you do. This little stretch of restaurants nestled in the middle of a bunch of private houses is totally worth a visit. I have previously discovered the magic of Cajun Kings and Wimbly Lu and now La Pizzaiola is becoming a strong contender for my tummy space if I decide to make a trip to Jalan Riang.

The prices at La Pizzaiola is really reasonable for an Italian restaurant. I usually have to fork out between $20 to $30 for a pasta at most Italian restaurants. But pastas and pizzas at La Pizzaiola are between $15 to $20! Great food at a great price. Check out the menu below.


We ordered Parmigiana (around $12) which is eggplant baked with tomato sauce and cheese. I love Parmigiana in general, and I love the one at La Pizzaiola! Soft mushy eggplant coated with a generous layer of cheese and zesty tomato sauce. Yums. I should totally learn how to make this dish because I'm just so in love with it. 


We had Ravioli (ricotta and spinach filled Tuscan dumplings in butter and sage sauce - around $14) and Squid Ink Tagliatelle with Crab Meat (around $15). The ravioli was good but the "skin" of the dumpling was a little too thick. I would have preferred a thinner "skin" which ruptures and spills all the delicious fillings into my mouth. The spinach filling was good and the sauce was rather light for butter.

The Squid Ink Tagliatelle was good! Robust squid ink and white wine sauce, al dente tagliatelle, and a generous serving of crab meat. This dish is good. I would recommend going for this if you visit La Pizzaiola.



Getting to Jalan Riang is a major pain in the ass but I can assure you the food here will definitely satisfy your taste buds. We did not make a reservation when we dropped by and it was fairly crowded on a Monday night so I would advise you to consider making a reservation if you wish.

15-3 Jalan Riang
Mon - Sat: 11:30 - 15:00
Mon - Sat: 17:30 - 22:30
Sun & PH: 11:30 - 22:30

No comments :

Post a Comment