Saturday 13 September 2014

Ramen Keisuke Tonkotsu King Four Seasons, Bugis

I was inexplicably tired that week at work and when my family told me they were around Bugis for dinner and asked whether I would like to join them, I agreed immediately because good food would definitely lift my soul. 

My brother lost his voice at Freshman Camp (don't ask me how that happened because it completely defies logic but it happened anyway) so we had to eat something healthy and preferably soupy. My mum suggested Ramen Keisuke so that was where we went. I guess we were really lucky that day because there was no queue when we reached even though it was around 7+ pm and clearly dinner time. 

We sat down at a small corner table and picked our ramen. 


I went for the King Ramen ($13.90) with stir-fried pork, ginger, and black fungus. The ramen was springy and the stir-fried pork was delicious. However, the bowl of ramen as a whole was really greasy and heavy. I should also add that the soup was kind of lukewarm instead of hot, as if the bowl of ramen was left sitting on the counter for a long while before it was served.


My dad went for the Autumn Ramen with all the toppings (e.g. egg and seaweed). The Autumn Ramen comes with minced pork and mushrooms. My dad agreed that the soup was rather lukewarm which made the bowl of ramen very greasy and heavy. 


Not my favourite place for ramen definitely. The soup base would have been better if it was hot so that the greasiness would not have been so hard to stomach. I probably would return only if I were in the area and someone else wanted to eat ramen, and I could not convince the person otherwise. 

Bugis Village, 158 Rochor Road
6335740
Mon - Fri: 11:30 - 14:30
Mon - Fri: 17:00 - 20:30
Sat - Sun: 11:30 - 20:30 

No comments :

Post a Comment