Tuesday 17 June 2014

Wheeler's Yard, Balestier

My boyfriend gave me a pleasant little surprise when he appeared one Sunday afternoon and asked me out for coffee. We thought hard about a nice suitable place for coffee and eventually decided on Wheeler's Yard which was near my place.

The Wheeler's Yard is a workshop with a variety of bikes and a cafe tucked in a corner of the huge garage. The cafe was in an air-conditioned area while the seating area outside was situated beside a giant bicycle rack. 


Colourful helmets decorated the walls inside the air-conditioned cafe while a row of bicycles stood atop the large table in the middle. There were small little tables and sofas lining the walls and we settled comfortably into one. Many couples and young families were spending their Sunday at Wheeler's Yard too and people were having snacks, coffee, and fries.


We placed our order at the cashier and were handed a buzzer. We each had a mocha and shared a brownie.


The mocha was thick, smooth, and very fragrant. The brownie was a little too dry though. I would much prefer a moist slab of brownie.

I liked the vibe of Wheeler's Yard on a warm Sunday afternoon. It felt incredibly good to kick back and relax over a cup of coffee after a tiring week. It calmed my frantic mind, forced me to slow down my harried pace, and allowed me time to clear my thoughts. Just sitting there in the comfy little cafe with the boyfriend, talking every now and then, sipping our mocha, slicing our brownie... 


Would I return? I would definitely return to try the brunch and mains, especially that plate of fries that I spied on every other table. It helped that Wheeler's Yard is a ten minute drive away from my place and would probably be a good place for a weekend brunch.


28 Lorong Ampas
Mon 11:00 - 20:00
Tue Closed
Wed - Sat 11:00 - 20:00
Sun 9:00 - 20:00
62549128

No comments :

Post a Comment