Thursday 8 August 2013

Maekhong Thai Cuisine, Tanjong Katong Road

The last time I came by was about a year ago and I never got around to writing a review for that time. I can't remember why I neglected to do so but I highly suspect it had something to do with laziness. We were trying to decide on a place to eat and I suddenly thought of Maekhong Thai because the thai food was respectable and the prices were kind on the purse. And boy do I need to rein in my expenses on food. Every time I glance at my credit card bills, I will grimace helplessly at the amount of money I spend just on food. I hardly shop and all I do is EAT. 

So yes Maekhong Thai. It was a pretty hilarious night. The best friend forgot to alight at the bus stop and ended up on the expressway which took her all the way to Bugis instead. So she had to take the bus back to the Parkway area. As for me, I reached on time but I had a hard time trying to cross the street. I ended up taking a ten minute walk to the nearest traffic light to cross the road. 

I settled in and decided on the orders via whatsapp with her. We decided on a few dishes and I ordered once she told me she was in the area. Between the two of us we decided on Phad Thai, Pineapple Fried Rice, Tomyam Seafood Soup, and Fried Kangkong with Sambal. 


Phad Thai was not bad. Very sweet and smooth, not spicy, and with a generous amount of seafood. The seafood is really fresh and crunchy!


The tomyam soup was large! It came in a huge pot filled with various seafood like squid, prawns and fish and the tom yam soup was awesome! Sweet, sour and spicy all at once. I really like tom yam soup. It's definitely one of my favourite thai dishes.


Pineapple fried rice was average but I like it that they were very generous with the pineapple chunks added to the dish.


Maekhong Thai Cuisine is definitely not as awesome as Ah Loy Thai but it serves as a good place to have a casual after-work meal. It's satisfying, reasonably-priced, and not crowded so you can sit around for a nice chat after pigging out. 

266 Tanjong Katong Road

No comments :

Post a Comment