Wednesday 20 March 2013

Katanashi, Boat Quay

I've heard many good things about Katanashi and I really wanted to see for myself how the place was like. Katanashi is one of the first few restaurants along Boat Quay if you are walking over from Parliament House. The restaurant was cozy and very quaint, with dark mahogany furnishing and cute little posters on the wall. We were ushered to a table at the back where we had a nice long table and some privacy to ourselves. 



The lunch menu where everything is $10.20! Reasonably priced set lunches with so much variety! I was completely sold and had a hard time trying to decide what to order. Eventually I went with the Boiled Drumsticks with soft boiled egg. As you can see from the menu below, all the sets come with a mini salad, miso soup, rice and Japanese pickles. 



The bowl of mini salad with fresh greens and a very light tasty dressing. I'm beginning to appreciate salads more these days even though a bowl of salad for lunch is still completely incapable of sustaining me throughout the day.


My sweet and sour drumsticks with soft boiled egg! I was in such a hurry to try the drumsticks that the first thing I did when my dish was served was to break the egg yolk accidentally. What a bummer! I was intending to have the egg yolk with my rice but oh well, half of what there was went into the sauce and I was super busy trying to salvage the rest. But still, the drum sticks tasted super good! It was not exactly sour and tasted more like braised chicken drum sticks instead. There were 5 drum sticks, rather generous portions!


The only sad part of this yummy lunch was when the waiter accidentally spilled a bowl of miso soup on my new dress! It stained more than half my dress and I had to wash my dress hurriedly to remove the distinct smell of miso soup. Thankfully my dress was coral and the stain was not obvious at all. Furthermore, the waiter looked so apologetic I did not have the heart to hold it against him anyway. Other than this little incident, service was impeccable. 

Come here for lunch one day if you work in the area! 

77 Boat Quay

No comments :

Post a Comment