Thursday 18 October 2012

Geylang Lorong 9 Frog Leg Porridge

Short post before I crash from my continuous fits of coughing. I actually feel very embarrassed each time I start coughing uncontrollably as I can totally imagine everybody thinking what a germ spreader I am. I was at a talk yesterday when I had one of these coughing fits and I just could not stop. I was totally, like, oh my goodness, so I scurried out of the auditorium back to the office to retrieve some water. Thank goodness our office was in the same building or I might have to hide under the chair in shame. 

So Geylang Lorong 9 Frog Leg Porridge. I persuaded my mum to walk to Geylang Lorong 9 for some frog leg porridge last week. The walk was decent that day as the weather was great and it was quite cool that evening. We chose a table by the road as I adamantly refused to sit inside the coffee shop itself. For some reason, I actually like eating by the road. It's so warm inside the coffee shop and there are so many people milling around. The tables outside are far apart and we all have our own space and a balmy evening breeze to cool ourselves. 

We ordered 3 frog legs with spring onion and porridge for two. The food came in two separate clay pots which kept the food warm until we finished everything. It cost us $25, which was not exactly the cheapest but I was happy to pay for the delicious frog legs. The frog legs were really very fresh and sweet, the flesh was so tender and the sauce was delicious. The porridge was sweet too, not as bland as you would expect porridge to be. Just scoop some sauce into the porridge and start enjoying your frog legs!


To get to Geylang Lorong 9, you can alight at Kallang MRT and exit on the right. Cross the road to the bus interchange and walk to the next junction before turning left. You should see a restaurant selling Chinese cuisine. Continue walking down this road. You will walk past many steamboat restaurants. When you reach G7 Sinma, continue walking down and cross the road towards the Shell Petrol Station. Walk further and you should be able to see Lorong 9. It is the coffee shop right at the corner along the main road.

Geylang Lorong 9

No comments :

Post a Comment