Friday 24 February 2017

Omakase at Bistro Du Le Pin

Made a reservation for dinner at Bistro Du Le Pin for an omakase dinner with Zg, Stef and King. It was our first time there and we were surprised to find that the place was tucked away in a quiet corner in Orchard Plaza. It was a very small and cozy restaurant, and we settled down into our seats along the counter.

Potato salad with mentaiko. 


Burrata cheese with tomato.


Crab cake. I really liked this dish because it was full of fresh crab meat.


Fresh oysters.


Cannot remember what this was so I guess it must have been rather forgettable (oops).


Parma ham carved off the leg sitting at the other end of the counter.


Asparagus, corn, scallop, uni and ikura. This was simple but really delicious.


Fish on a bed of greens.


Prawns in a thick creamy sauce. I had no idea what the sauce was, but it made me want to lick the bowl. 


Beef. Zg, Stef and King were very happy with the beef.


I had pork on the other hand and it was SUPERB. Just the right amount of juicy fats without being too oily. I also liked the sauteed mushrooms!


Vongole for 2 pax. Very generous with the clams and the pasta, but oh my goodness, this was definitely an overkill. We were so full from the earlier courses that we could hardly finish the pasta. 


A delicious omakase dinner with great company in a nice cozy restaurant. I think this is a place you would enjoy if you like a small, no frills restaurant serving wonderful food at affordable prices.

150 Orchard Road
Orchard Plaza
67345530

No comments :

Post a Comment