Sunday 24 April 2016

Fat Cow

Extremely belated post dug up from the deep dark corner of my draft folder...

Started the year right with the boyfriend, Stef and King indulging in my boyfriend's favourite food: BEEF! Fat Cow is a Japanese steak place, well-known for their good but pricey beef dishes. Thankfully their lunch sets were more affordable so we came during lunch on a rainy Saturday afternoon. The set lunch menu is below. 


Stef called to make a reservation but it was really quite empty when we came. The boyfriend and I were early because we wanted to take a walk in the area but I was lazy to explore in the rain, so I nudged us both into the restaurant and managed to get our table earlier. We kind of concluded that people probably abandoned their reservations due to the rain. In any case, do make a reservation before coming down! I think the place can get quite crowded. 


The set lunch came with a salad, miso soup, chawanmushi and dessert. I love the chawanmushi!


The boyfriend's happy bowl of Fat Cow Donburi with charcoal grilled wagyu beef and onsen egg ($39).


I don't take beef so I was the only one who opted for a non-beef dish in a Japanese steak place haha! My Negitoro Don ($35) was surprisingly fresh and sweet for a beef place.


We left when the restaurant was closing after their lunch shift and went down to the car park together. We separated, went to get our cars, but somehow wound up near each other again after the boyfriend and I decided to take a stroll to Tanglin Mall and stopped abruptly on our way out of the car park. So we all hopped out of our cars, took a short walk to Tanglin Mall, and walked around the quiet mall (there is really nothing there). Was a good Saturday afternoon! 

#01-01/02, Camden Medical Centre, 1 Orchard Boulevard, 248649
Daily: 12:00 - 15:00
Daily: 18:00 - 23:00
BAR opens Mon-Sun (17:00-00:00)
+65 68846884

No comments :

Post a Comment