Friday 4 September 2015

About mala fide

I wrote this post at the start of the year. Perhaps I knew back then that I would meet someone like this some time down the road. Someone with such an awful character, someone filled with malice, someone who would, for reasons that I cannot phantom, bear me ill will. Sooner or later something like this was going to happen. I guess you could say that it was inevitable. When it first happened, I had all sorts of ugly thoughts in my head, hoping that karma would somehow get that person's ass. I mean, you do not go trampling all over someone else and hope to get away with it, do you? But I realized belatedly that I have much better things to do with my time than to be affected by you and your actions. I will live a life filled with love and joy and laughter while you wallow in your cunning schemes and plots. I will spend my weekend (and all days after this) in happiness, an emotion I hope you had once experienced, even if you had forgotten all about it. 

I once told myself thamalice, like any other gift from a person, if not accepted by the recipient, belongs to the giver ultimately. I will not react to your malice, I do not accept your gift. I will continue doing what I can in the best way I can. I do not even hope that karma will get to you some day. I am above this. I am leaving your malicious gift at the door step, unopened, saddened that such people like you exist, but heartened that there are others strong enough to stand up to you. 

:)


No comments :

Post a Comment