Saturday 6 December 2014

Immanuel French Kitchen and Stew Kuche

The boyfriend and I used to drop by this coffee shop in Alexandra Village for De Burg Burgers once in a while for their yummy burgers. De Burg Burgers has since relocated to CT Hub (still closed though), and Immanuel French Kitchen now stands in the shop space previously occupied by De Burg. The coffee shop seems more lively now with a variety of stalls selling french food, ramen burgers, seafood, fried chicken, and of course the anchor tenant - Stew Kuche. My parents were keen to try the food in this coffee shop so we drove down for a family dinner one evening.

The coffee shop was super crowded that Saturday evening and we milled around aimlessly searching for a table. It was getting really chaotic and many families with small children were wandering around searching for a table as well. A middle-aged man eventually pointed us to a table outside. Once settled into our seats, we picked up the menus from Stew Kuche and Immanuel French Kitchen and studied them happily. 


The menu at Immanuel French Kitchen was short and simple. Stew Kuche's menu was extensive and I was lazy, so no picture of their menu.


We ordered 3 dishes from Immanuel French Kitchen (Pork Belly, Duck Leg Confit, and Smoked Duck Salad) and 1 from Stew Kuche (Linguine in Pesto Sauce with Grilled Chicken). I joined the long queue at Stew Kuche to place my order and received a little stand with a number on it which I brought back to our table. There was no queue at Immanuel French Kitchen so I placed my order quickly and received a buzzer. The buzzer rang when my food was ready and I returned to collect my food. 

The Pork Belly below ($16.90) braised in Kakuni Style served with mushrooms, onsen egg, and potato foam was delicious! The Pork Belly was very well-braised, tender, juicy, and the fats simply melted in my mouth. Fantastic dish! The potato foam was interesting too, it tasted like foamy mashed potatoes.


The French Duck Leg Confit ($15.90) was good too! I am always mildly amused by the small portions in French food but I was surprisingly full from the duck leg confit. The duck leg confit was very soft and tender inside, and nice and crispy outside. It was a good dish but if I could only choose one dish at Immanuel French Kitchen, I am definitely going back for the Pork Belly instead. 


My mum wanted her greens so we got the Smoked Duck Salad ($9.80) which consists of smoked duck breast served with mixed greens and tossed with orange mustard dressing. I am not a big fan of salads but I have to say that this was pretty good!


So the one dish we got from Stew Kuche was Linguine in Pesto Sauce with Grilled Chicken. We watched as people around us ordered the Pork Knuckle from Stew Kuche and contemplated doing the same. But it was not exactly a healthy dish and my brother was not with us that evening to finish up the food so we gave the Pork Knuckle a miss. We will be back for the Pork Knuckle! The linguine in pesto sauce was all right, not very tasty, and the linguine was slightly soggy. I guess pasta is not their forte. The grilled chicken was good though. Juicy chicken with a slightly charred crispy skin. 


We ordered one pint of Hoegaarden ($11) and washed all that meat down with ice cold beer. Fantastic dinner with the family! We will be back for the Pork Knuckle at Stew Kuche and more beer. 

Bukit Merah Lane 1

Immanuel French Kitchen
92973285
Tue - Sun: 12:00 - 14:30, 18:00 - 21:30 
Closed on Mondays

Stew Kuche
62766445 (you can call to reserve a table)
Tue - Fri: 11:00 -15:00, 17:00 - 22:00
Closed on Mondays, except public holidays


No comments :

Post a Comment