Friday 14 March 2014

Saveur, Purvis Street

Saveur has two outlets, one at Purvis Street and the other at Far East. I have always wanted to try Saveur but the large crowds at both outlets succeeded in justifying my procrastination. It was not until my friend and ex-colleague from HDB suggested we meet up at Saveur did I finally make my way down. 

The outlet at Purvis Street (across the road from Bugis Junction, a short walk from Raffles Hotel) was situated near my office so I managed to reach shortly after 7 pm. My friends snagged a table at the back so I could head in and sit down immediately. I was told that Saveur used to have only one shop space along Purvis Street but had since expanded. Thank goodness for the expansion! 


We ordered a Saveur's Pasta, a Salmon Confit, and Mushroom Cappuccino as starters to share.

The Saveur's Pasta was pasta tossed with chilli oil, fine-chopped Japanese konbu, sakura ebi, with minced pork sauce. The pasta was done al dente, springy and delicious. The Saveur's Pasta may look simple and unimpressive, but it was definitely a winner. 


The Salmon Confit was equally good. The slice of salmon was sweet and tender, and went perfectly well with the lemon vinaigrette.

The Mushroom Cappuccino was my friend's favourite item but I found it pretty ordinary. Granted, it was served like a cup of cappuccino with foam on top but it tasted like a watered down version of mushroom soup.


We each had a Duck Confit as our main dish. The duck leg confit sat on a bed of home made mashed potato, and sauteed shitake mushroom. The duck leg was done very well. It was crispy on the outside and really tender within. I was especially fond of the shitake mushrooms which were so soft and well-marinated!


We ordered a Salted Caramel Lava Cake for dessert. It was so delicious! Warm salted caramel spilled out of the cake when I sliced it, going perfectly well with the soft moist cake. It was sweet and salty all at once. The cake was a wondrous end to a fantastic meal at Saveur. I will definitely be back. 



If you are walking over from Bugis MRT Station, exit near the Intercontinental Hotel and cross the road. Head towards Purvis Street. Turn into Purvis Street and Saveur will be on your left.

#01-04 Purvis Street




















No comments :

Post a Comment