Friday 7 March 2014

Professor Brawn Cafe, Circular Road

I have been working near Circular Road for more than a year but it was not until recently that I visited Professor Brawn Cafe. Professor Brawn Cafe is a social enterprise providing employment and integration for persons with disabilities. The cafe was quaint, with wooden bookshelves at the back, displaying small items you could purchase. 

I came for ice cream one night after having Thai steamboat nearby. I returned a couple of weeks later for their set lunch. The set lunch came with a soup, drink and main course. I wanted the rosti but rosti was unavailable that day so I had Spaghetti with Chicken Balls instead. 

I chose orange juice and it came in a tall glass shaped like an hour-glass. The soup was quite ordinary.


The awesome part of the meal was the Spaghetti with Chicken Balls. The spaghetti was really awesome. It soaked up the thick tomato sauce, and the taste was so robust and delicious. The chicken balls were splendid too. Melted cheese burst out when I bit into the chicken ball and I was pleasantly surprised. This was one great spaghetti dish. 


While we were chatting over our drinks, we were asked to move to another table so that they could sit a table of four together. We were more than happy to do so. As a token of appreciation, we were offered a cup of free ice cream each! Such a sweet gesture. We were so surprised that they offered and it took us awhile to recover from the surprise and place our orders. 

I would definitely recommend Professor Brawn Cafe if you work in Raffles Place or City Hall. This place is worth a visit.

10 Circular Road

No comments :

Post a Comment