Thursday 30 June 2011

Tokyo Deli Cafe

Was initally intending to visit Antoinette with my good friend for some afternoon tea and a good reading session but! The cafe was closed in the afternoon for a Juicy Couture event so we decided to head to nearby City Hall for our afternoon tea session instead.

We chose Tokyo Deli Cafe because she's the guru at cafes and I trusted her when she said it looked quite interesting. Tokyo Deli Cafe was empty when we came in at around 3pm in the afternoon and we were ushered to a seat by the windows. Certainly puzzling why the waiter would choose to sit us at a table basking in the strong afternoon sunlight when the whole cafe was empty. We started to sweat after awhile and asked to switch to a table further inside the cafe.

I liked the decoration of the cafe because it made the whole place look big and airy.




My Marinated Salmon and Cream Cheese Sandwich tasted light and tasty. Tokyo Deli Cafe used focaccia bread which is my favourite because I like the herbs and the fragrance that comes with it. The marinated salmon was diced neatly with a generous amount of cream cheese spread amongst the salmon cubes. By topping up an additional dollar, I had a choice between coffee or tea and I chose to have a cup of tea. Nothing special, just a normal tea bag with refillable hot water. We stayed  for approximately three hours, chatting and reading, and the waiters were very attentive and refilled my cup numerous times.


All in all, I liked Tokyo Deli Café for its nice airy atmosphere and it’s definitely a good location for afternoon tea with friends. As the café was relatively empty throughout the afternoon (since it’s a weekday), we could lounge in the arm chairs and read our books leisurely. And yes, I'm reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold this week!

252 North Bridge Road, #01-16 Raffles City Shopping Centre, Singapore

No comments :

Post a Comment