Thursday 30 June 2011

Big Bad Wolf

My good friend suggested Big Bad Wolf as she saw it in the papers so we decided to come here. We were always on the go to find good food in the east so I was excited to try this out. Feast in the east, as she would say!

I was the first one to reach and I was surprised by how crowded it was. I reached at 730pm on a Wednesday night and it was already full. Thankfully there was a table available beneath the stairs and I was ushered there by a very enthusiastic waitress. In case you were wondering, there are seats only on the ground floor. The stairs lead up to their office. It was a little warm under the stairs though and I changed to a high table near the entrance when my friends arrived.

Before I talk about the food, let me mention the service. The service is definitely impeccable. The waitresses were so cheerful, we were pleasantly surprised! They handled our enquiries as well as our orders swiftly and tended to our needs very well despite the fact that they were supposed to be short on manpower that day.

As for the food, we ordered a plate of mussels to share and I liked the sauce their mussels were cooked in. The mussels were juicy and the sauce seeped well into them. I ordered a Chicken and Mushroom Burger which came with potato wedges. The chicken patty was nice and juicy, not tough at all and the combination of mushroom, chicken and wild rocket was good. The potato wedges seem a bit over-fried though.




We ordered a baileys chocolate tart to share because we were too full to have one by ourselves but we wanted to try. It was good, with warm baileys chocolate, soft and runny within the tart. 


When we left, the waitress came out to say goodbye! Have to say I’m very impressed by service. 

226 Tanjong Katong Road, Singapore

4 comments :

  1. In Singapore it is so hard to find good service... sincerity & passion lacks in most places. I do understand that the hospitality industry is not as valued here than other countries...(what happened to personal work ethics) However, when we get great service here, we have to remark! By the way, the service i speak of, is not one of those slave days.. No , YES SIR/ YES MDM, kinda the stuff.. i am talking about just the simple chatter one could get into , friendly service, honest and even playful. Great job Big Bad Wolf... oh yes there are a couple of boys at Wala Wala that are pretty cool as well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i totally agree! the good service makes the dining experience so much better :)

      Delete
  2. This looks great. especially the last pic with a shade of big bad wolf.

    Too bad I'm living in the extremely west, otherwise, will patronise it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha the east does have more good food!:P or maybe cos i havent ventured much into the west either.

      Delete