Saturday 20 February 2016

Two Bakers and The Bravery. Horne Road

I love the Horne Road area for the cluster of cafes which is easily accessible from Lavender Mrt and it definitely helps that I live so close! Tx and I decided to do brunch one Saturday morning long ago and we picked Two Bakers. It had been a long long time since I did brunch with the her! So long that I forgot when was the last time we did brunch oops.

The menu at Two Bakers below. (Update: the menu has since changed).


Tx picked the Truffle Omelette ($15.80) which was truly an explosion of mushrooms, truffle, cheese in an omelette! It tasted so good that I think I will go back and try it one day. I picked Eggs Royale ($14.80) with the usual poached eggs, smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce. It was really good too! Brunch at Two Bakers is really unexpectedly good. I thought they were popular for their desserts but omg, I am so pleasantly surprised that their brunch was also fantastic.


UPDATE: Returned to Two Bakers recently and the menu seemed to have changed or at least it no longer looked like the picture above. The boyfriend and I used the Entertainer app and realised that the brunch items were no longer considered mains so we picked other stuff instead. I had the Lock, Stock and Barrel bagel which came with a sunny side up, hash browns, streaky bacon and a thick juicy portobello mushroom. This was good! The boyfriend picked the Vongole Pasta which was quite bland unfortunately. The cafe was still comfortable, cozy and quiet on a warm Saturday afternoon and I still like the vibe at this place as we sat back and discussed adulthood problems like housing.



Back to my Saturday with Tx. Moved over to The Bravery where I had trouble finding the door (it is the middle pane) and we settled down at the large communal table with our flat white and lavender earl grey. Talked and laughed about life in general, leaning back in our little chairs and giving each other updates on stuff. Also received an awesome early birthday present. A Milan Kundera! Also the same one I commented on when I saw a picture of that book on her Instagram :) Thanks for the gift! Will let you know once I have completed the book. 




To many more brunches in future!

Two Bakers
Address: 88 Horne Rd, 209083
Phone:6293 0329

Address: 66 Horne Rd, 209073
Phone:6225 4387

No comments :

Post a Comment