Saturday 2 January 2016

2016

Years seemed to fly by at the speed of light but 2015 had miraculously mastered the skill of flying by faster than the speed of light. I had a conversation recently when I referred to an event which I insisted took place "a few months ago" which, in reality, took place in late 2014. I can only surmise that 2015 was such a great year that time passed so quickly. The alternative would be that my memory is failing me and I am losing track of time but hey, I am always allowed to pretend that age is not catching up with my brain. 

2015 was filled with many opportunities, new experiences, lessons learnt, family, my sweet boyfriend, old and new friends, and lots of happy moments. 2015 saw me picking up yoga at Yoga Movement after years of doing pilates from Youtube videos (my package has since ended and I have decided that I am returning to youtube videos because, well, youtube is free!), travelling to New York, Orlando and Bahamas with some of my favourite people, spending family time in Hong Kong, Macau and Zhuhai, keeping up with the tradition of travelling with friends I made with Zg, and pigging out often in Singapore with friends.

2015 was probably the year when I got to know the most new people since I started work. The team has morphed over the year and familiar faces were quickly replaced by new ones. I lost a comrade who I depended heavily in 2013 and 2014 and who always had my back in difficult times in the office. But I gained many new friends over the year who taught me a lot and who helped me in many ways. I am thankful to have the opportunity to work with all these smart and motivated people even if we end up stealing each other's soft toys on a daily basis. I am also thankful for friends outside the team (but still in the work context) who keep me grounded and sane, who teach me so much about life in general, and for being friends.

My old friends, ah, what could I have done without the few of you. Thank you for all the love and friendship over the year, chasing new food places, sharing the joys and pains of life, chatting about books, and always filling me in about your lives.

On the relationship-front, thank you dear boyfriend for being patient, kind and sweet, and for always waiting for me at Funan when I had to send that last email or when my meeting ended late. I feel embarrassed just thinking about all the times you had to wait for me oops.

For my family, I have always been the bratty firstborn, but I am always glad that you guys love me despite my fiery temper, my lack of patience, my love to sleep, my messy room, and my bad habit of rolling around disturbing everybody when I am free but scolding everyone when you guys disturb me HAHA. 

That said, it was not all a bed of roses this year and I met my fair share of 小人. I hope you will find happiness one day and stop sucking on my soul.

On a completely superficial note, 2015 was also the year I started using skincare religiously (I am now putting in the effort to apply moisturizer every night!), mastered the skill of doing a wing-tip for my eyeliner, and purchased my first lip tint which amazingly did not stain my teeth!

May 2016 be a healthy and happy year! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment