Thursday 19 September 2013

Old Hong Kong Legend, Raffles City

My friend in office suggested dim sum at Old Hong Kong to celebrate my birthday so we went there with two other friends. Much thanks to Elgin and Steph for the treat! Old Hong Kong is tucked away in a little corner on the 2nd level of Raffles City. I've never noticed a dimsum restaurant in Raffles City until Steph brought us there. But it could honestly be just because I'm very unobservant. The restaurant was crowded during lunch but we managed to snag a table. The food was really yummy and unexpectedly good!

We went on a dimsum spree and ordered so many yummy dimsums. The prawn cheong fun was good. I like the soft skin of the cheong fun soaked in excess sauce. 


Pan-fried carrot cake in XO sauce. This was really awesome. The carrot cake was crispy and very fragrant, beansprout was crunchy and fresh, and the egg was very well-fried.


Deep-fried prawn dumpling. I'm not a super big fan of deep-fried stuff but this one is good because of the fresh crunchy prawns within! The prawns were truly juicy and succulent.


The glutinous rice in lotus leaf. Moist, delicious and very soft. The glutinous rice was pretty good and came with a generous serving of ingredients.


Elgin's 3 egg porridge which came with century egg, normal egg and... salted egg, I believe. I'm not entirely sure what the 3rd egg is but salted egg sounds like a pretty logical assumption. The porridge is really smooth and sweet, the way good Cantonese congee should be. I tried their plain dried scallop porridge. It was really really good! Super sweet, fragrant and really smooth even though there is no ingredient within.


The steamed shrimp dumpling and siew mai were both good because of the fresh crunchy prawns and thin soft "skin". The siew mai was also good because of the fresh juicy minced meat.



All in all, I find the dim sum at Old Hong Kong very enjoyable. Service can be a little slow during lunch hours due to the crowd but still generally all right. I would return again for another dimsum spree!

#02-18/19 Raffles City Shopping Centre

No comments :

Post a Comment