Thursday 5 September 2013

Imperial Treasure Cantonese Cuisine (Crowne Plaza)

It was my birthday last week and my family wanted to go for Japanese buffet. However, I fell sick that week and it was decided that I should not be going around pigging out excessively on raw sashimi, tempura and grilled dishes. After much thought, we finally settled for Imperial Treasure at Crowne Plaza because I'm an ardent fan of Cantonese cuisine.

Crowne Plaza is the relatively new hotel attached to Terminal 3 of Changi Airport. I've been to Imperial Treasure at Crowne Plaza previously for a family dinner and was really impressed by their Peking Duck. I liked the dark cozy interior of the restaurant too. It is very sleek and spacious, tables were arranged comfortably apart and staff was always attentive. It's a great place for Chinese food with the family; it is especially suitable for large family gatherings because of the private room at the side.


The Peking Duck. We ordered a Pecking Duck and requested the duck meat to be fried with E-fu Noodle. I love watching the waitress slicing the crispy roasted duck skin and arranging them neatly in the dough skin.


The Peking Duck was good as usual. Fantastic crispy duck skin with a light sauce. The dough skin was slightly thick though, but not really a deal breaker.


We ordered the Double Boiled Soup of the Day since we are all avid fans of double boiled soups. It was double boiled carrot soup that day and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love light soup boiled with good lean pork ribs. Some restaurants choose cheaper grades of pork ribs and the soup ends up being all murky with bits of fats floating on top. Not at Imperial Treasure though, the soup was clear, fragrant and really sweet.



Braised tofu with mushrooms and vegetables. The tofu was well-braised and very tasty. I like the smooth texture of the tofu which goes really well with the fresh mushrooms.


Steamed cod fish with black fungus and lily bulbs. I love Cantonese cuisine because it has mostly steamed dishes. The steamed cod fish was fantastic! The cod fish was very fresh and soft, the black fungus was deliciously crunchy and I really love this yummy healthy dish.


We also ordered Spinach with 3 eggs. However, I was so happily stuffing my face with yummy Cantonese cuisine by then that I forgot all about taking pictures of it. The Spinach with 3 eggs was nice but not anything extraordinary.

Imperial Treasure at Crowne Plaza was full but there was no queue outside the door. This is a good place for a cozy family dinner away from the crowds in town. I like the faraway location of this restaurant, not having to stress about finding a table and having our meal at our own leisurely pace.

#01-02 Crowne Plaza Hotel, 75 Airport Boulevard

No comments :

Post a Comment