Friday 26 July 2013

Doong Ji Korean Restaurant Part 2, Katong

The first time I went to Doong Ji, I had this huge seafood steamboat which I shared here

So recently the best friend had been addicted to the Running Man variety show so we decided to troop down to Doong Ji for more korean food. As a side note I am also really tickled by Running Man and it is really a joy to end every week with Running Man on TV on a Sunday evening. 

This time we decided to be more restrained so we ordered a bimbimbap, a silken tofu spicy soup, and a kimchi pancake. The bimbimbap was good! The meat was well-marinated, the servings of vegetables were generous and the sauce was yummy!


The spicy silken tofu soup was awesome. Full of flavors, thick, and really yummy! Not the usual watery fare you get from korean food stalls in the food court. The tofu was smooth and fresh. Probably one of the better silken tofu soups I've tried in Korean restaurants so far!


I forgot to take a picture of the kimchi pancake because I was just so engrossed in our conversation. Like really. I cannot recall what exactly we were chatting about at that point in time but I was definitely totally into the conversation. I do remember the kimchi pancake being pretty all right. Not fantastic but definitely still above average.

So we chatted on and on through the night and when we were about done, I had a sudden urge to have a drink. It always happens like this. I would get a random urge to have something, despite us both being super full and knowing well enough that we won't be able to stomach anymore food or drinks. I would convince her that the portions are manageable and we would be able to finish it. We would order and realize to our utmost astonishment that it was a huge portion and we would struggle to finish it.

This time was no different. We ordered rice wine and it came in a huge bowl. Complete with a ladle and two smaller bowls. I was shocked when it came but composed myself enough to scoop two full bowls and gave each other a toast. The rice wine was sweet and incredibly tasty. It was completely white, like soybean milk, and you can hardly taste the alcohol though we could definitely feel it. It took us the rest of the night to finish this bowl of rice wine.


222 East Coast Road

5 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite restaurant. Rhe soups are good. Oxtail soup, spicy beef soup, tofu soup. We are here every week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much the cost for the seafood steamboat? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Unfortunately my memory fails me and I don't remember.....oops sorry!

      Delete
  4. How much it costs for the seafood steamboat?

    ReplyDelete