Thursday 27 June 2013

Mozza, Marina Bay Sands

Met up with the best friend for dinner at Mozza before going for the musical Dirty Dancing. We came via the Circle Line MRT and I have to say I am really confused by the Circle Line, particularly the part where it branches out to Dhoby Ghaut and Marina Bay. I guess I need to venture to places along the Circle Line more often and stop being stuck in town or the east. 

Mozza is located directly opposite the Marina Bay Sands theatres which makes it a delightful place for a nice dinner before heading over and settling in for some amazing singing and dancing. We tried to make a reservation the night before but alas, I was told that they were fully booked and we could only walk in. So we did and were given seats along the pizza bar.


Watching them work magic with the pizzas was captivating and I spent most of the night eyeing the ripe cherry tomatoes sitting on that dish right in front of us. They looked too sweet and juicy to be true.

We ordered caprese as our starter and a Prosciutto di Parma to share. I also had a peach bellini whilst she had a rose wine for drinks.


The caprese was fantastic! I love the ripe cherry tomatoes which were so juicy, they simply burst in my mouth as I bit into them. It was sweet! Coupled with the mozzarella cheese, basil and olive oil, this dish was simple yet winning.


Prosciutto di Parma, rucola, tomato and mozzarella. I love the generous serving of parma ham and the yummy rocket leaves. The pizza was very chewy which might or might not be good for you depending on how you like your pizza done. I like mine to be chewy and thin and I am not too big a fan of the crispy pizzas that taste like biscuits. The pizza at Mozza was done just right and I enjoyed watching them bake pizzas in the oven over firewood.


It was dessert time so we asked for recommendations and eventually decided on something that was not recommended because she said this came with fresh strawberries. Now, tell me, who can resist fresh strawberries? Not me, so we had a strawberry pie. It was really nice! I love the fresh sweet strawberries and the almonds.


We finished our meal shortly before 8pm, fled into the theater, zipped to the restroom and found our seats just before 8pm. We did not want to be stranded outside but amazingly this musical did not start on time so we actually did have enough time to get everything done slowly. Ah well never mind.

The dancing in Dirty Dancing was amazing; such grace, skill and technique! The story line was pretty predictable but the dancing definitely made the ticket worthwhile. Some of the cast members came out to the lobby for a photography session and I managed to get close enough to snag a shot. The guy in the middle was Johnny, the charming male lead with crazily well-defined abs and fantastic dance moves.


Was a great night!

#B1-42/46 MBS

No comments :

Post a Comment