Tuesday 30 April 2013

Little Vietnam at Paya Lebar

Met up with friends from university the other day and a friend suggested meeting at Paya Lebar for Vietnamese food. I'm always keen to discover new places with cheap and authentic food so I agreed.

Little Vietnam is a short walk from Paya Lebar MRT station. Walk to City Plaza from the MRT station then cross the road towards Geylang. When you reach the junction, turn left and continue walking. You will see Little Vietnam tucked away in this little corner outside the building.

I was running late so I reached way after our agreed time and found Little Vietnam really crowded. There were tables outside in the open and inside the air-conditioned area. It was a blistering hot day so I really wanted a seat inside. Thankfully we found a seat and settled down quickly.

My friend recommended the carrot cake but it was sold out for the day. What a bummer. So we settled for pho (chicken for me), some chicken rolls and morning glory.


The chicken pho was really really good! I think the pho here is better than Nam Nam and Long Phung! The soup base was sweet and fragrant, the pho was chewy and tasty and I really like the smooth tender chicken pieces.


Our chicken rolls were average though and they were too dry for me. The morning glory was average too, just a plate of bland greens with sauce.


The best part of the meal was definitely the pho. While the pho at Little Vietnam triumphs that of Nam Nam and Long Phung, I feel that Long Phung serves the best Vietnamese food generally while Nam Nam is definitely the most accessible.

#01-25 Grandlink Square
511 Guillemard Road

No comments :

Post a Comment