Sunday 16 April 2017

A Noodle Story, Amoy Food Centre

I have always wanted to try Noodle Story but the queue at the stall (especially after they were listed in the Michelin Bib Gourmand Guide) was rather daunting and I never got around to battling the crowd to try this bowl of Singapore-style ramen.

So when TT suggested lunch at Noodle Story (largely because I needed to start saving for my upcoming wedding and house, thanks guys), SQ and I headed over in a heart beat. The queue was crazy long and TT kindly helped us queue (thanks again!) while I did the millennial thing to Instagram the long queue. After about 20 minutes, it was finally TT's turn and he returned with 3 bowls of noodles. We took the small bowls for $7. You could also choose the medium-sized bowls for $9.

The noodles were so, so good. Totally worthy of the long wait. Springy noodles in delicious sauce, juicy wantons, tender char siew, freshly-fried prawn wrapped in potato, and that running egg yolk <3. The soup was also surprisingly thick and fragrant, not the usual watery soup that goes with dry noodles. Recently, they have also started distributing wet tissues with each bowl of noodles!

I will definitely return often slurps. 


7 Maxwell Road
#01-39 Amoy Street Food Centre
Singapore 069111

No comments :

Post a Comment