Friday 8 August 2014

Dancing Crab, Grandstand, Turf Club Road

Heard lots of good things about Dancing Crab and I was dying to try this. I was especially curious as to whether Dancing Crab was better than Cajun King which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was a tough week and I really wanted to feast over some good seafood and truffle fries so I came by one night after work. 


Dancing Crab was pretty empty when we dropped by on a weekday night. But to be fair, Grandstand as a whole was like a dead city on weekday nights so it was not a surprise that the restaurants and eating establishments were similarly deserted. I mean, who would drive all the way to such an inaccessible location and brave the horrifying traffic at the Newton roundabout on a weekday night after work? 

The concept at Dancing Crab was similar to that in Cajun Kings. The tables were covered with white paper and we were eating with our hands. I should mention that I love eating with my hands even though I know it is not the most convenient nor hygienic way to put food into my mouth. 


My friend did the homework and researched about the must tries in Dancing Crab. We ordered the Garlic Noodles ($6), Crab Cakes ($13), Truffle Fries ($7), and Flaming Moonshine Tiger Prawns ($8 per 100g). 

Garlic Noodles was a bit meh. It was fragrant and tasty but definitely not al dente. We were kind of disappointed by the Garlic Noodles which could certainly be better.


Crab Cakes were pretty awesome! Crispy on the outside yet creamy and juicy inside. Crab Cakes at Dancing Crab were the soft kind and fell apart if you squeezed it harder. I made the wrong mistake of squeezing my Crab Cake unknowingly when I was chatting and it disintegrated into pieces onto the white paper. I promptly picked the pieces up and threw them into my mouth. 


This was the highlight and I apologise for the lousy quality of the picture. My fingers were kind of oily and dirty by the time our Flaming Moonshine Tiger Prawns arrived and I was in a hurry to use as little fingers as possible to take this picture before resuming our feast. The Flaming Moonshine Tiger Prawns were prepared beside your table in a small pot set over a stove. The flames shot up excitedly and our prawns were tossed in the pot for a couple of minutes before they were served. The prawns were very very fresh and sweet. The prawns were not cooked in any overpowering sauce so you could enjoy the sweetness of the prawns. 


The Truffle Fries were super awesome too. Crispy thin fries fried to perfection. Fragrant with the taste of truffle oil and just perfect!


Another exciting addition to Grandstand. I would definitely return!

200 Turf Club Road
The Grandstand
#01-20/21 Singapore 287994
64663303
Tue - Fri 17:00 - 22:30
Sat and Sun 11:30 - 15:00, 17:00 - 22:30
Closed on Mondays


No comments :

Post a Comment