Wednesday 6 July 2011

Tampopo: black pig shabu ramen forever

It's probably no secret that I love Tampopo's Black Pig Shabu Ramen. I've tried numerous ramen joints in Singapore but I find myself coming back again and again for the same bowl of ramen at Tampopo.

The reason why I keep going back is because I love the soup base used in Tampopo's Black Pig Shabu Ramen. It is full of flavour and has the body which many other soup bases lack. I think the soup bases differ for different ramen at Tampopo because I've tried other types of ramen at Tampopo before but the soup bases just did not match up to the one used in the Black Pig Shabu Ramen.

Another reason is the thin slices of pork with the ramen. I prefer these thin slices of pork as compared to the conventional char siew which usually comes with ramen. While fat marbly char siew which melts in the mouth is a superb addition to a bowl of ramen, these thick slices of pork are savoury and remarkably light. I love how it goes very well with the ramen, delicious but not too oily.

You could order either single or double portion of meat for your bowl of ramen. They are also very generous with the chili flakes which are scattered in your bowl of ramen before it is served.


Tampopo has two outlets, one at Liang Court and the other at Ngee Ann City. I personally prefer the Liang Court Tampopo because, for unknown reasons, I think this branch serves better Black Pig Shabu Ramen as compared to the one at Ngee Ann City.

177 River Valley Road, #01-23/24 Liang Court Shopping Centre, Singapore

No comments :

Post a Comment