Saturday 21 December 2019

Saturday night

So I spent my Saturday night in the best way possible. Made myself a cup of hot turmeric tea, flopped onto my giant bean bag, switched on Netflix and... picked a romcom.

Tadah! My choice of posion was To All the Boys I Loved Before. I used to be such a big romcom fan. Name any romcom and I've probably watched it before. Or maybe even twice. But in recent years, I dropped that hobby because there hasn't been any good romcom in a long while and I was not going to spend $13 to go to the cinema to watch some half assed crap. Even with Netflix, I would much prefer spending my time watching some sci-fi thing or war movie than some young punks being dizzy in love.

Now I wonder why did I make that choice? After soaking up a night of good old American romcom, I conclude that nothing makes me happier than watching young punks being dizzy in love. Especially with a good soundtrack. Gosh what have I been missing out all these years! Adulting made me forget that a part of me is a hopelessly idealistic romantic. 

Now I'm eyeing To All the Boys I Loved Before 2 which will be released on 12 Feb 2020 and I already know that I will be spending Valentine's Day night watching that show with another cup of hot tea in my hands. Actually, come to think of it, I might even go and catch Last Christmas that is screening in the cinemas now. How tempting. 

No comments :

Post a Comment