Friday 22 May 2015

Bistro 1855, Suntec City

This post shall be short and sweet because I have nothing fantastic to say about Bistro 1855. It felt like a gastrobar that was trying to do everything but succeeding in nothing. They obviously wanted to catch the sporty crowd (hence the match screening), the clubbing crowd (hence the pounding clubbing tunes before 8 pm), and the soulful crowd (hence the live jazzy tunes after 8 pm). If the owners were not confused, I am. 


Drinks were all right. I went for happy hour lychee martini.


The food was such a disappointment! The 1855 Burger ($22) was, according to him, not as good as Carl's Junior. I tried the fries and can vouch that Macs does their fries a hundred times better than Bistro 1855 (and I pay a fraction of the price!)


My Barramundi ($24) was supposed to be pan-seared barramundi served with spinach and chilli ginger compote but I was so turned off by the stale barramundi that I only finished half. I did finish the vegetables and mash because they were so much better in comparison to the barramundi. Omg. 


I used the Entertainer App at Bistro 1855 and was super thankful that I could get a substantial discount because I am definitely not returning.


3 Temasek Boulevard
Suntec City, Tower 4 #01-643

Sat-thurs:
11am to 12am
Fri: 11am to 1am

Tel: 6836 5994 

No comments :

Post a Comment