Tuesday 24 December 2013

Two Blur Guys, Orchid Hotel, Tanjong Pagar

Two Blur Guys is situated at Level 1 of Orchid Hotel, around the corner from Keisuke Ramen. I've strolled by a couple of times whilst walking to and from Duxton, and always wanted to try it. The opportunity presented itself one evening after work when I met my boyfriend for dinner.

It was surprisingly empty in the evening. In fact, we saw only 2 other customers (one of whom turned out to be a friend from law school) in the whole hour we were in Two Blur Guys. Two Blur Guys has a very causal vibe, with the open concept kitchen just behind the counter, and a row of tables in front of the counter. We ordered quickly as we were famished.  


The boyfriend ordered the Beef Burger which I could not try, but he said it was good.


I ordered the Pulled Pork Burger, with its delicious marinated pork, gruyere cheese, and honey mustard. The burger was kind of small, but it was packed with awesomeness. The melted cheese with slices of pulled pork went very well with the soft bun. I also liked the potato salad that came with the burger. Very tangy and refreshing.

My only grouse is that the burger was served kind of cold. My pet peeve is lukewarm food and sadly, the burger at Two Blur Guys triggered this pet peeve.


I liked the burgers at Two Blur Guys but I don't think the burgers are anything worth writing home about. The lukewarm burger was also a disappointment. Furthermore, the open concept kitchen meant that your hair and clothes would end up smelling like the food after a short meal in Two Blur Guys.

#01-13 Orchid Hotel

1 comment :

  1. can I grab an email address?

    Want to invite you to an opening.

    Thanks,

    Oliver
    .

    ReplyDelete